We are excited to say that we have a schedule for our Fall new member training session. We will be holding classes starting on September 25th at the John Pettibone Community Center.
- Tuesday September 25th – Introduction and Disaster Preparedness
- Thursday September 27th – Search and Rescue
- Tuesday October 2nd Fire Safety
- Thursday October 4th – Shelter Operation
- Saturday, October 6th Med Ops 1 & 2
- Tuesday, October 9th – Terrorism and Disaster Psychology
- Thursday October 11th – CERT Organization, Final and Graduation.
The weeknight evening classes start at 18:30 (6:30), Saturday class 08:30.
All new trainees will be asked to compete Online Course IS-317 before training begins. You make take the course as early as you like, to get an overview of what CERT is about.
“Introduction to Community Emergency Response Teams,” IS-317, is an independent study course that serves as an introduction to CERT for those wanting to complete training or as a refresher for current team members. It takes between six and eight hours to complete the course. Those who successfully finish it will receive a certificate of completion. It has six modules with topics that include:
- Introduction to CERT
- Fire Safety
- Hazardous Material and Terrorist Incidents
- Disaster Medical Operations
IS-317 can be taken by anyone interested in CERT. However, to become a CERT volunteer, one must complete the classroom training offered by a local government agency such as the emergency management agency, fire or police department. Contact your local emergency manager to learn about the local education and training opportunities available to you. Let this person know about your interest in taking CERT training.
Click here to take the course.
Please email info @ newmilfordcert.com to register or ask questions, or reach out to us on Facebook!